Thursday, March 7, 2013

Patti Smith vs Karen O

I was just listening to the realease of new Yeah Yeah Yeahs' album and I came across Patti Smith and Karen O are physically and musically alike. I've never heard Karen O speaking about her influences but there's no need for that. New song:


Sacrilege from Mosquito (2013)


Patti Smith was probably the best female rock n' roller artist in the XX Century ( don't disagree or I kill you with my arguments) and Karen O is pure girl power. Yet Yeah Yeah Yeahs' lyrics needed more element to be as good as Patti's. This first single of Mosquito doesn't sound that brilliant, but let's wait for the entire album to come out. Remember Show Your Bones from 2006? So so so heartbreaking.




Patti Smith used more sophisticated words, like a poet she was, she is... she will always be an alleluia.



Gloria from Horses (1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment