Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wednesday nights at The Frontline Club

First Belarus, now Ukraine. What comes next I don’t know…Increasingly I see myself into Europe’s matters and issues. It is Europe in my “inner-self”? Is this some kind of sign? After I found that journalistic independent club, in Paddington, I go there once per month to see some documentaries that are hard to find in the shops. Perhaps Belarus documentary had focused my attention: “The last dictator in Europe”, which for those who don’t know him is called Alexander Lukashenko (I googled it as the name is so hard to write without errors). How come I knew nothing about that country and its oppressive rules? Right, now “Ukraine, from democracy to caos” seems to have something in common: repression, lack of freedom, severe political leaders that are not elected by people’s power but by fraudulent elections. We have to do something about it; this land can’t be no longer the Europe from 20th century. As if economical and financial crisis wasn’t enough. Stop… Instead of bringing bad things from the past let’s become inspired by the greatness of this leader: “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character”. M. Luther King.

No comments:

Post a Comment